Individual Counselling & Psychotherapy in Hamilton, Ontario
Do you want to have more satisfaction in your life? Do you want to explore at a deeper level what triggers you and makes you react in your home, work, and the community? If you have an area in your life where you feel stuck, frustrated, or hopeless, it often stems from old wounds. Compassionate exploration can free you from old patterns and move you towards what you truly want in life.
I won't tell you to think positive or look on the bright side to shift your mood. Those strategies will help to some degree, but they won't offer healing. These types of strategies often lead to shame and resentment in those moments when you just can't muster the strength to choose a new pattern. Together we will explore the wisdom in old patterns of thoughts & behaviours and explore the blocks or problems that you yearn to change to in your life. We will work together to make the shifts you are craving to make in your life.
I work with people with diagnosed mental health issues such as anxiety & depression, and I also work with individuals who don't have any diagnosis. Often individuals without a diagnosis minimize their problems because it always seems like others have it harder than you, so you don't want to complain. Everyone struggles at times and needs support during different periods of their life. You have a right to voice your needs.
I use a body-mind-spirit approach. Internal Family Systems (IFS) and Polyvagal Theory are my main modalities. A few courses I've taken include:
- Internal Family Systems: A Step-by-Step Guide Through Clinical Applications of the IFS Model
- Deb Dana’s Polyvagal Informed Therapy Master Class: with Special Guest Stephen Porges, PhD
I currently work with adults of all ages. I am 2SLGBTQ+ and BIPOC ally. See my About Me page to learn more.
Frequency of Appointments
* New clients are required to commit to 8 weekly sessions. After 8 sessions, we can chat about reducing the frequency.
* Committing to weekly sessions is an invitation to go more deeply into your healing.
* Sessions focus on the integration of body, mind, & spirit. We have wisdom from each of these sources that help us on our healing journey.
Ready To Get Started?
Let's start by having a conversation to see if we're a good fit.
We might be a fit if:
- You're looking for psychotherapy with a mind, body, spirit approach.
- You want an approach that combines psychotherapy & energy healing
- You're ready to dive deep with weekly sessions
- You're tired of minimizing your problems & want help moving forward
- You want to work with someone you can talk to about your spiritual side or your intuitive gifts
- You want to work with someone who doesn't just sit with you in the pain & problems but helps you connect to all of your other parts and heal from old wounds. You want to thrive in this life and reclaim pleasure, joy & love.
We might not be a fit if:
- You're not sure what you're looking for or whether you're ready to commit to weekly sessions
- You're looking for therapy focused on strategies & tips to fix problems in your life.
- You're having a mental health crisis and would benefit from more grounding therapies such as DBT or CBT and therapists with 24/7 accessibility. I recommend dbthamilton.com